Monday, August 13, 2012

Highlights from our Utah trip

It was a very busy and eventful "vacation" to Utah this weekend. We managed to find a few extra minutes to spend at the SLC temple, which is always amazing. The first few days we spent with Lindsay prepping for her wedding in Bountiful, UT. The wedding was fantastic! Lindsay, of course, looked beautiful and was just SO happy :) Love it. Kai was my hero and was so dang helpful with ironing, setting up chairs/tables, helping with Dillon's tie and keeping us entertained through all the stressful stuff- he even slept on the floor! What a guy, I'm telling ya! The next day we got to spend some time with the Weavers in Eagle Mountain UT. We took the kids to do glow in the dark mini golf! With all our driving around, we came across the most aMaZiNg thing in the whole world....FAZOLIS!!!! We thought it had gone out of business, so that was an amazing surprise. I think it's literally been 5-6 years since I've enjoyed their delightful italian food. We loaded up on breadsticks and pasta like nobody's business and were so stuffed/tired that we found Hunger Games playing at a nearby dollar theater, so that's where we spent the next couple of hours...partially napping and at times watching the movie. After some much needed sleep, we finished our adventure with the 11 hr road trip back to AZ. It was a really quick trip but was so great to see family/friends!!








1 comment:

  1. Bert.... It was SO good to see you. I am so grateful you guys came. It meant so much to me to have you there even though things were crazy and I hardly got to see you. Your support meant the world. Now we have to plan a trip to come visit you guys! :) I love you so much woman! I love reading your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete